Mind Moves’ Reading READINESS Programme.
This is a reading READINESS programme. This is NOT a reading programme.
This is an online programme and focusses on:
- The required pre-reading skills that are needed before a child is ready to learn to read.
- Language development in an auditory-kinaesthetic way (listen and balance before reading.)
- Building a playful bridge from listening and speaking to most of the abstract symbols of the English language.
- Placing each individual letter on and around the child’s body.
- The correct letter formation used most often in English.
- Eliminating confusion, reversals and mirror writing, perhaps even reducing or eliminating dyslexia.
WHAT DOES THE Mind Moves’ Reading READINESS Programme INCLUDE?
It is a reading READINESS programme, NOT a reading programme.
This programme is brought to you online and includes the following:
- A series of thirty-three training videos (a total of ninety minutes viewing time).
- Eleven short quizzes after each video to ensure learning is taking place.
- A manual with thirty-three complete lessons, thirty-nine posters, one workbook as well as a variety of fun sound bites.
- A Mind Moves’ Reading READINESS certificate with fifteen SACE points.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO PRESENT THE Mind Moves’ Reading READINESS Programme?
- Approximately ninety minutes to watch the videos and to complete the eleven quizzes.
- Electricity, access to the internet, sufficient data, a cellphone or laptop to complete the course content in ninety minutes.
- Purchase of the Mind Moves’ Reading READINESS Programme.
- Paper, crayons, pencils, beanbags for each child.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THE Mind Moves’ Reading READINESS Programme?
- Grade R learners will benefit from the preparation for Grade 1.
- Grade One learners will benefit by conquering most of the letter symbols of the English alphabet.
- Older learners who are struggling with writing and reading will be able to catch up on those letters that are eluding them.
WHO MAY BE TRAINED IN THE Mind Moves’ Reading READINESS Programme?
Any literate person with a passion for learning and reading, and a love of children can be trained to present this course.
No qualification is needed, except for a promise that:
- a story will be read every day,
- time will be made for discussions (listening and speaking) and
- the programme will be presented according to the sequence and guidelines in the Mind Moves’ Reading READINESS manual.
WHAT IS THE COST OF THE Mind Moves’ Reading READINESS Programme?
Cost: R1500.00 per person (courier fee included).